All businesses which lie within the Construction Industry must follow the rules and legislation of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) in relation to payments to sub-contractors and construction work.
If your Construction business is required to make submissions within the scheme and you are not completely au-fait with the details or just need someone to get you on the right track Smart Bookkeeping can help you. We will be able to;
- Record all your subcontractor details calculating the CIS deductions
- Make your submissions to HMRC online every month within the deadlines to avoid you incurring penalties for late submissions
- We will let you know how much you need to pay over to HMRC
- We can provide self billing invoices for your subbies and of course provide you with month payment certificates/statements.
We at Smart use specialised software ensuring accuracy and timely online submissions. By outsourcing this to Smart Bookkeeping we can take the stress away from you whether you have just one subcontractor or sixty!
Case Study – HT Installations Ltd
How We Helped
This referral came from HTI’s Accountant, originally just to undertake the CIS recording and submissions. After a free consultation with Director Mr R Thomas we were also requested to take on the VAT, bookkeeping and payroll. We have taken all the stress out of ensuring that the deadlines are met for all HMRC legislation and the companies liabilities. We have made referrals to other professionals who in turn are also assisiting the Director with managing the rapid growth of his business.
“Being referred to Smart Bookkeeping was the best advice given, they provide an excellent and friendly service. Engaging their services was definately a sound business decision.”
– Roger Thomas – H T Installations Ltd